Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Item Switch: NONE
All Characters Available
All sets are best-of-3 except for the following which are best-of-5:
Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, 5th place tiebreaker, Losers Semis, Losers Finals, and
The Starter Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Hyrule Castle and Dream Land.
The Counterpick Stage List consists of Peach’s Castle.
The first match of all sets is selected by a 3-stage striking system with the Starter Stage List in which
each player strikes one stage. The remaining stage will be used for game 1 of the set. The player whose
controller port is closest to port 1 strikes first.
All characters are legal.
For visibility reasons, players may request that Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon
(Right-C) not be used if Congo Jungle is the stage. The opposing player may reset the match without
penalty if they wish for a color change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.
- Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called.
- Players strike stages.
- The first match is played.
- The loser of the previous match selects the next match’s stage from the Starter Stage and
- Counter pick Stage Lists.
- The winner of the previous match selects their character.
- The loser of the previous match selects their character.
- The next match is played.
Above four steps are repeated if necessary.
Players may not counterpick to a stage they already won on that they picked.
- Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
- Alternate or custom controllers/adapters such as a keyboard, Gamecube controller or a Hori Mini Pad are allowed. Players suspected of using turbo functions or other macros are subject to immediate disqualification from the tournament.
- If a player pauses the game, the opponent may deem that player’s current stock forfeit unless there was a legitimate reason to pause in between stocks. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock, the pauser loses two stocks.
- Extreme stalling is disallowed. Any reported case of such will result in a warning, followed by automatic forfeit of the match as per the discretion of the TO. If there is no movement from either player, the losing player is considered to be stalling.