- By entering the DoubleTree Hotel, you consent to having your likeness being used in any media recorded from the event for any publishing outlets.
- All entrants must be registered as a player or spectator, must have a media pass, or have the consent of the Apex Staff to enter the venue. All attendees will have either a badge or a wristband and MUST BE VISIBLE at all times. If you are caught without these you will be ejected from the venue.
- Any violence that happens on the premises of the event will have you warned or removed from the venue without a refund, and a possible ban may occur from future events depending on the severity of the act. This includes (but not limited to): Verbal abuse, discriminating actions (against bisexuals, transsexuals, homosexuals, African-Americans, or any other race or religion that can be deemed discrimination (yes, calling a person or action gay, saying rape to describe how badly you lost, calling a girl disrespectful names all fall under this category), extreme disrespect to women and men alike, fighting, and/or assault.
- Trash talking, cheering, and any interaction between players, or the crowd and players must be kept respectful. Anyone attempting to insult a player on issues that don’t pertain to the game will receive a technical foul.
- In addendum, all players are asked to ‘keep it PG.’ Excessive foul language is punishable with a Technical Foul.
- Two Technical Fouls is DQ and possible ejection!
Anyone found with possession of or under the influence of, but not limited to:
- Illegal Drugs including Marijuana
- Alcohol, if you’re found to be under the age of 21 at the present time
- Alcohol, if you’re over 21, but are visibly drunk and cannot conduct themselves in a way that would be suitable for the public
WILL be immediately ejected from the venue, and for the rest of the tournament’s duration. There will be no warnings, and no bias in these decisions.
- Smoking is only permitted in the designated areas outside the building. Any player caught smoking in the building will be ejected, without warning, for the rest of the weekend.
- All attendees are responsible for their own belongings. By paying the registration as players or spectators, you agree that anything you bring into the venue is your responsibility. Apex Staff, the DoubleTree Hotel, and any sponsors therein claim no responsibility for items which are lost, damaged, or destroyed as a result of being on tournament grounds.
- Any attendee caught tampering with, manipulating, or attempting to remove anything from a console or any equipment in the venue without expressed consent from Apex Staff will be immediately ejected.
- All recording is allowed with the stipulation that you don’t upload direct feed footage from the main stages.
- Any visible hardware or software modifications to game systems are not allowed for hacking or backup loading usage.
- No weapons, regardless of legality or license, will be allowed to be brought into the venue. Any player found in possession of a weapon (Knife, Gun, etc.) will be immediately ejected from the venue and barred from re-entering.
- Any issues that arise outside of these terms will be held on a case-by-case basis, and be judged by the Apex Staff.
Additional Tournament Rules
- The TO reserves the right to deny entry into the tournament to any player suspected of committing anything considered a crime or acting in a manner that is detrimental to the integrity of the event.
- The TO reserves the right to deny payout from event winnings to any player suspected of intentionally throwing a match, splitting a payout, or committing any other form of bracket manipulation.
- The TO reserves the right to settle any unforeseen situations that may occur, and his judgment is final. In extreme situations, rules may be altered between phases of a tournament in the best interests of the event.
- Games or sets are not to be replayed due to a misinterpretation of the rules; it is the players’ responsibilities to ask the TO for any clarification of the rule set in the event of a disagreement, and the outcome of a game or set will not be changed after the fact unless under extreme circumstances.
- Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered forbidden. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
- Any situation that can arise that is NOT listed, but could be an issue to the staff or the players will be taken care of at the Tournament Organizer(s) discretion. You have a right to appeal to the head Tournament Organizer(s) about any minor offense that happens within your played event, however, the head Tournament Organizer(s) is final. Any argument will result in further penalty or possible ejection from the venue depending on the severity of the act without a refund.